Research & Development
- At Brassoforge® we strive to achieve the required tensile strength & other physical properties in the alloys via heat treatment rather than going for any expensive alternatives.
- With the help of continuous R & D in 3D design & simulation we are able to propose customers with the modifications, if required, for optimum utilization of raw material or in better productivity.
- Our R & D team is working towards manufacturing flashless forgings.
- Development Institutes of Government of India have been using our facilities for engineering trials & research. We are assisting them in establishing MMC (Metal Matrix Composites) Parameters.
Design & Development
Latest technology clubbed with the 30 years of experience & well trained personnel assist us to get the results efficiently. With the help of technical tools & methods like 3D Modelling & Simulation we can comprehend the relevant forging process requirements.
Facilities for reverse engineering of the samples are available to provide key technical insights for the development of a new component. With 3D Scanning & White Light /X-Ray Testing verification of the outcome is easily done. The successful development of more than 1000 components in varying shapes, sizes & material specification makes us confident to look beyond the possible.
Creating new tooling or adapting old ones to our forging capabilities is an essential step in meeting the requirements for setting up a job & ensuring the quality of the end product.
Production of tools & dies is accomplished with the help of our state of the art tool room with facilities like 3D CAD/CAM modelling, EDM die sinking machine, CNC Machining Centres, Lathes, Milling & other conventional machines.
Engineers apart from utilizing 3D CAM/CAD for the designing of tools & dies, use the same to suggest customers, if possible, any modifications which might result in optimum use of raw materials or better productivity. The computerized engineering data is directly converted into tooling manufactured by the fast CNC Machining Centres to reduce the lead times. EDM assists to produce in house precision tooling & die repair.
Forging is a process of making parts by shaping metal under pressure to produce a finished shape. Each piece is heated, and then shaped until the final product reaches our customer's required specifications.
Our Forge Shop is equipped with a series of Screw Presses ranging from 50-1000 tonnes & Blanking Presses ranging from 50-150 tonnes. With the successful commissioning of a CNC Press (1000 tonne) with the latest technology gives us great dimensional control, repeatability & enhanced production capacity. We can easily forge Aluminium components up to 3 kgs and Brass components up to 10 kgs.
Forging furnaces are equipped with precision automatic controls maintaining furnace temperatures within +/- 5 degrees. Induction heating systems have been introduced to reduce the heating times & energy consumption.
The heat treatment of forgings is critical to developing the desired characteristics such as the refinement of grain structure, the attainment of improved mechanical properties &relieving of internal stresses.
We heat treat forgings to customer specifications like T4 & T6 etc. In-house testing facilities like Hardness Tester, UTM for UTS, YS & EL, and Digital Microscope for Microstructure are used to ascertain & ensure the compliance to the customer specification. Individual part hardness is checked on a sampling or 100% basis depending on the requirement.
Our furnaces are maintained & engineered to provide reliable temperature uniformity & explicit & retrievable data. TTR (Temperature Travelling Record) of the furnaces are carried out on regular intervals to ensure accurate working and controls. With the help of the repeatable processes we are able to provide forgings with consistent properties.
Our machining centres allow us to offer customers one stop shopping in procurement of components. We offer finished products with high accuracies & close tolerances.
The machining facilities include a series of latest Japanese & American CNC Turning Centres & Milling centres (4th & 5th axis) and conventional machines like Lathes, SPMs, Drilling, Tapping, Broaching & Milling. The machine shop is well supported by our in-house tool room.
Quality Statistical Process Control methods & Run Charts are used extensively for In Process Quality Control. We conitually train & upgrade our team in systems like 5S, Kaizen, Product Traceability, Single Cell Flow, etc. to improve our overall performance.
We serve our customers with effectively finished/surface treated parts ready for assembly. Our products have extraordinary surface finish and are extensively used in aesthetic applications. The following capabilities allow us to take new approaches in final finished component:
- Shot Blasting
- Ultrasonic Cleaning
- Vibro/Ball Burnishing
- Chemical Pickling
- Powder Coating
Inspection & Testing
At Brassoforge, we implement stringent product testing & inspection to ensure our products meet the customer requirements. Our inspection & testing capabilities include:
- Carl Zeiss Contoura G2 for checking shapes & contours.
- Profile Projector.
- Chemical composition testing from NABL (National Accreditation for Testing & Calibration) approved lab.
- Microstructure checking from NABL (National Accreditation for Testing & Calibration) approved lab.
- Digital Microscope for Microstructure Testing.
- Mechanical Properties Testing.
- SEM (Scanning Electron Microscope) for checking Surface Topography.
- Ultra Sonic, X-Ray (outsourced) & Fluorescent Dye Penetrant Testing for detecting Internal & External Defects like cracks, folds, etc.
- Hardness Testing.
- Leakage or Pressure Testing.
- Surface Roughness Testing.
- Testing of rubber parts.
- Spring Strength Testing.
- Fixtures, Receiver Gauges & other equipments/gauges for dimensional accuracies.